Private funding is an important part of our research. Click here to make an online donation, or to find out about how you can help.
Click here to check out some of our quick facts about cancer.
5603 230th St. S.W.
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
Dr. John Catanzaro practices integrative oncology at the Health & Wellness Institute of Integrative Medicine. He started practicing in the cancer specialty in 1996. He started the HWIFC Cancer Research Group in January of 2007, at the recommendations and donations of patients that were helped by integrative immune therapy.
Dr. John Catanzaro is a licensed naturopathic physician in the state of Washington. He is a current member of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic physicians. He served on the Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians board of directors from 2000 to 2002. Dr. Catanzaro was appointed as the Vice Chair of the Washington State Naturopathic Advisory Committee Dept of Health from 1999 to 2005, special appointment by the Secretary of Health. Dr. Catanzaro also provided direction and guidance for the development of integrative cancer management strategies while serving as a medical committee member for the CDC Comprehensive Cancer Control Partnership for Washington State from 2002 to 2008.
A graduate of Bastyr University, Dr. Catanzaro has served as a consultant and technical director of several research labs and also served on Bastyr University's Institutional Review Board of Research and Ethical Affairs from 1996 to 2002.
As Medical Director of HWICRG Dr. Catanzaro’s passion is on integrative treatment designs that amplify the immune systems defense against cancer. He has written Cancer; An Integrative Approach and is working on forthcoming books on Understanding Immune Enhancing Vaccines and Redirecting Cancer Treatment. He has published works on Probiotics and their role in human medicine including cancer treatment and specialized immune testing for hormonal health.
1. Catanzaro JA, Green L. The Problem of Antibiotic Resistance. Alternative Medicine Review, Summer 1999.
2. Catanzaro JA, Green L. Probiotics In Human Medicine Part II. Alternative Medicine Review, July 1997.
3. Catanzaro JA, Green L. Probiotics In Human Medicine Part I. Alternative Medicine Review, May 1997.
4. Catanzaro JA, Suen RM. Laboratory Indicators In Cardiovascular Risk. Alternative Medicine Review, Oct 1996.
5. Catanzaro JA, Detection and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients (The Examiner of Medical Alternatives) 1997. #171 pp72-72.
6. Catanzaro JA, Suen RM. Clinical Relevance of Melatonin. Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients (The Examiner of Medical Alternatives). 1996. #159 pp 98-100.
7. Catanzaro JA, Velicheti RK, Suen RM. Physiology and Clinical Relevance of Salivary Adrenal Steroids (Cortisol, DHEA, DHEAS) in Natural Medicine. Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients (The Examiner of Medical Alternatives). 1996. #156 pp 36-41.
Attention Deficit Disorder and Hyperactivity (Myth or Fact?) 1998. Health and Wellness Institute Press.
Good Health The Naturopathic Way 1998: Health and Wellness Institute, Inc publication.
Fibromyalgia and CFS; The Natural Alternatives 1998: Health and Wellness Institute, Inc publication.
Hormones; Can You Trust Them? 1997. Health and Wellness Institute Press.
Healthy Vision: The prevention of Eye Disease Using Herbs, Antioxidants and Other Vital Nutrients. 1997. Health and Wellness Institute press.
1. ADHD; A Natural Approach. John Catanzaro. Health & Healing Press Copyright 1999.
2. Cancer; An Integrative Approach. John Catanzaro. Wine Press Publishing Copyright 2000, 2004, 2007.
1. Understanding Cancer Vaccines. John Catanzaro, ND. Pleasant Word Publishing 2011.
2. Blindsided By Cancer. John Catanzaro. Pleasant Word Publishing 2012.